I can’t decide which one I love more, basil pesto or avocado. Wait a minute, why decide?! Just mix the two together for a delicious, healthy creamy spread, sauce or dip! I especially love this mixture on a grilled cheese sandwich with fresh basil and tomato.
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 2-3 tbsps basil pesto (I like the Mezzetta brand)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- A squirt or more of fresh lemon juice
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy. Start off with just 2 tbsps of basil pesto, and then add more if desired. You can also add a little water so that it’s not so thick (depending on what you’re using it for).
HOW TO USE IT:
- Spread it on a sandwich (I love it on a grilled cheese!)
- Spread it on your morning toast.
- Serve it with grilled chicken for added flavor.
- Toss it with pasta.
- Use it as a dip paired with pita bread, crackers, or veggies.
Article Source: Listotic
This post has been curated from the Source listed above. All content and images remain the property of the original copyright owner. Please visit their website for more articles like this.