“Beauty is not flawless; it shines even through your flaws.”
Hey Guys! I hope you’ve all been catching my LIVE feeds on Instagram lately (@lisadnyc). The most common questions I get are about my skincare, makeup and beauty regimen. I will be doing another LIVE story this weekend so be sure to keep up with me on Instagram for details.
So the question(s) I get asked the most are about my skincare routine. I don’t think my skin is flawless (a big THANK YOU to everyone for all the compliments) but I will say there are things I do believe in to get better skin. I’m not an expert, I just want to share the things I do as well as some of my favorite beauty products I swear by.
Steps toward getting healthy, glowing skin:
STEP 1: Diet is everything! I know it sounds cliché but it is true. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a stomach disorder so I had to eliminate diary, gluten and all meat products to get to the root of my problem. Even though at the time it totally sucked (excuse my french) I was determined to get healthy. As a result I noticed a huge change in the overall appearance of my skin. Now…I’m not telling you to go on a strict diet but I do believe cutting diary will change your skin. Eating a mostly plant based diet aided me towards a healthy gut and glowing skin. I also make it a point to stay hydrated.
STEP 2: I start each day cleansing my skin. I use Cetaphil in the morning and Purpose at night. I found that Purpose removes makeup better than Cetaphil but I love how soft my skin feels after using Cetaphil. I also use Neutregena makeup removing wipes along with the cleansers just to be sure all my makeup is off.
STEP 3: About 3 times a week I use Rodan + Fields Micro-Dermabrasion paste. It is life changing! I honestly notice a difference every time I use this product.
STEP 4: I use Skin Ceuticals C E Ferulic (also here) every morning after I cleanse and after I exfoliate with the paste. This stuff is like liquid gold. I swear by it! It’s pricey but I wouldn’t steer you wrong. You only use about 3-4 drops a day so it definitely lasts a while.
STEP 5: Moisturize – I use Oil Of Olay sensitive skin moisturizer. It has SPF 15 and is very mild for your skin. I also rotate eye creams. I love Rodan + Fields eye cream or Skinfix brightening eye cream day and night.
STEP 6: I add Aquaphor on top of my moisturizer for extra dewiness. It’s so moisturizing especially in the winter.
There you have it!! My skincare routine is simple and easy. In addition to my daily routine I use Bliss Triple Oxygen Eye Masks for under eye puffiness and Dr. Colbert Masks if I have a special event or if I need extra radiance.
SHOP THE PRODUCTS:
I don’t wear a ton of makeup. I’m more into the natural look so I wanted to share some of my favorite makeup products. These photos are unretouched using all the products I mention in this post. You will see my skin is not flawless but like they say…you have to love the skin you’re in:)
- Foundation – Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (5.75) (also here) – I use foundation on occasion only. I use Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque daily. It has SPF 20 so it’s a perfect everyday choice.
- BECCA Primer – I just discovered this product and it really makes your skin glow even when worn alone.
- Bronzer – Bobbi Brown in Natural
- Blush – I use NARS duo in Hot Sand/Orgasm or Kevyn Aucoin Neo Bronzer, which is a highlighter, bronzer and blush in one.
- Concealer – Cleu de Pleu in Almond or NARS in Custard
- Eyebrow Pencil – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Mascara – Revlon or Dior
- Makeup Applicator- The Beauty Blender is the best ever! I highly recommend this.
- Highlighter – Laura Mercier in Addiction or BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Highligher in Opal
- Lipstick – current fav is Charolette Tilbury in Kim K.W.
- Favorite Eyeliner – NARS in Via Appia
- Eye Shadow Palette – Urban Decay Naked 2
SHOP THE PRODUCTS:
Article Source: Mind Body Swag
This post has been curated from the Source listed above. All content and images remain the property of the original copyright owner. Please visit their website for more articles like this.