It’s not just for cooking! Find out how you can clean with cream of tartar throughout the house.
Get step-by-step instructions at HGTV.com:
CLEAN BUILDUP ON A STAINLESS STEEL PAN
1. Sprinkle cream of tartar on buildup.
2. Top with roughly 2 cups of hot water.
3. Let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Scrub off residue with a non-abrasive sponge.
5. Rinse well, then wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.
REMOVE AN INK STAIN
1. Put a cloth directly behind the ink stain.
2. To create a bleach alternative, squeeze 1/2 a lemon into a small mixing bowl. Add cream of tartar, and stir.
3. Using a spoon, dab the mixture onto the ink stain.
4. Let sit for three hours.
5: Wash as normal.
SHINE UP DINGY APPLIANCES
1. Add cream of tartar to a small mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.
3. Mix with a spoon.
4. Dip a microfiber cloth in the mixture and polish the surface of the appliance(s) in small, circular motions. Continue until you’ve polished the entire surface.
5. Buff and wipe clean with a fresh microfiber cloth.
FIX A SCRATCHED PLATE
1. Sprinkle cream of tartar on the scratched surface.
2. Scrub the area with a wet scouring pad.
3. Rinse well, then wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.
Find more great content from HGTV:
HGTV YouTube Channel:
Subscribe to HGTV on YouTube:
Follow HGTV on Twitter:
Like HGTV on Facebook: